Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tues, Aug 5

9.16am - fresh mango, strawberries, fig, at home. Still sick with the mother of all sinus infections and a fever, but today was smart enough to stay home.9.49am - more of Ritesh's mom's idly, sambar and chutney. Her South Indian food just rules - and she's not even from there! Plus, this is the perfect food to eat when you're sick. So I called her up to thank her for cooking up such a perfect storm this weekend...
10.31am - ...and she decreed that in my deplorable state, I had to drink turmeric milk or turmeric water, turmeric being a natural antibiotic. You don't argue with your mother-in-law, so since I had to stay away from the milk, I made some nice turmeric tea, with ginger.
12.38h - nectarine and plum, at home. Somewhere around this time, the turmeric must have finally kicked in, because my head surprisingly cleared - the pain went away, and I could think again. It was quite something. All of a sudden, I could stand the sunlight, and noticed how much the construction noise from across the street was bugging me, and was well enough to go out run some errands. At the Beverly Center. Ahem.
14.46h - the signature turkey meatloaf sandwich, at Joan's on Third
14.48h - the cool, old French bottles they use to serve tap water in, at Joan's on Third
18.38h - more dosa and sambar, courtesy of Ritesh and his mom, at home, with Ritesh
18.57h - and some homemade utthapam w/fresh tomato and chili that Ritesh whipped up from leftover dosa dough. Yums!

No comments: