Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sat, Aug 16 - tomato and plum heaven at Nady's

9.53am - fresh mint and sage tea, at home11.11am - fresh squeezed OJ from Nady's oranges, whole wheat banana bread pudding w/ walnuts and coffee liquor soaked raisins (straight out of the oven, hence the crumpled look), at home.
1.33pm - heavenly tomato salad w/ Nady's tomatoes, at home, with Ritesh.
1.35pm - pita with leftover lebanese chicken, fried rice and Nady's tomatoes, at home, with Ritesh.
5.57pm - picked up some macarons for Nady and David at Paulette, and splurged on a pistachio one for myself. This after a 3 1/2 h ordeal getting my hair done at the Aveda salon.
7.28pm - a lovely Californian bubbly, at Nady's house, celebrating her birthday yet again - love it!
7.37pm - tomato salad w/ home grown tomatoes, lettuce, nuts, mozzarella, rosemary, lemon verbena and a great vinaigrette, at Nady's
8.21pm - David's signature pasta sauce that had been cooking for about 6 hours - amazing! And nice and spicy due to Nady's ground turkey. This was my huge portion (I guess I have a reputation...) - I did my very bestest, but even I couldn't finish it all!
9.09pm - and Nady's heavenly signature plum cake! What a jewel! Love this so much, I refused to eat ice cream with it so as not to muddle the flavor. Thanks for another great night, Nady and David!

No comments: