Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tues, Aug 12 - M Cafe de Chaya

7.59am - home baked bread w/ fig jelly, red currants and more of Nady's kumquats, at home.12.46h - an incredibly tasty kale salad and wasabi sweet potato salad with a slice of cranberry walnut bread at M Cafe de Chaya in Culver City, with the lovely Camilla who I hadn't seen in way too long.
12.46h - a shitake mushroom inari (rice-filled tofu pocket) plus an eggplant inari, w/ soy sauce, at M Cafe de Chaya, with Cam. M stands for macrobiotic, which I remembered as being a bland and boring cuisine. But this is fabulous. I think this place may be my new favorite restaurant...
12.46h - a glorious and healthy brown rice pudding w/ raisins and candied pecans, which I took to go and had later at work.
16.02h - a dairy free (and gluten free) cupcake from The Sensitive Baker, at work. Not bad, but not great either. As I said to Cam, I'd rather have less of the real thing than a whole one of these. But if you really have to stay away from dairy and wheat, this is really good stuff.
20.20h - Ritesh's Indian cabbage and potatoes, w/ poppadum and pita bread, at home, with Ritesh.

2 comments:

Joon Oh said...

I think one of your first replies to my comment about how good the food looked was "it's the lighting". I still think it's the food. Looks amazing.

Petra said...

Thanks :) ! I'm happy you keep coming back to check in...