Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thurs, Aug 7 - taste alteration

8.09am - matzo ball soup, at home. Am digging the salty breakfast thing these days...8.17am - veggie burger, kachumber, curry ketchup, at home

10.49am - Mary's home baked cake, on occasion of Marla's birthday, at work. Made the first day back at work and the avalanche of emails a little more bearable.
13.30h - basil chicken chili from Bristol Farms, w/brown rice pasta, at home. Took a break from work over lunch to go home and get some rest. Instead, ended up cleaning up, loading the dishwasher, etc. Geez.

18.39h - almond horn from Bristol Farms, shared w/ Ritesh, at home. So far, so good.

20.31h - this is when it started. Ritesh made some lovely mung beans, like he has many times before - and I just couldn't taste them! All I could taste was some weird bitterness. I tried some poppadums - same thing, just horribly bitter. Couldn't eat it.I remembered that this is exactly what the bitter melon had tasted like yesterday, too bitter to eat, and started getting a little worried.

20.39h - so I reheated leftover chili and pasta from lunch, since I know for a fact that this tasted good about 7 hours ago. And same thing, some ugly, twisted taste that had nothing to do with the real thing, but made it inedible for me. Yuk.

21.02h - god knows what's going on, it's either the infection or the huge doses of Chinese herbs from the acupuncturist that I've been taking. Hope it will be back to normal tomorrow. Meanwhile, sweet things taste normal to me - here's an Indian mango candy I had, just in the interest of research....

No comments: