Monday, August 4, 2008

Mon, Aug 4 - another lousy day

8.26am - a fab South Indian breakfast of idly (rice-lentil cakes), sambar (spicy veggie soup) and super-spicy chutney, courtesy of Ritesh's mom, at home. This was so good, and did such a great job on my sinuses, that I felt capable of taking on day at work, although I'd woken up feeling just as horrible as yesterday. So off to work I went...12.35h - a plum, at work
14.04h - i thought this was some potato curry that Ritesh's mom made, but i picked up the wrong container from the fridge: this is actually the filling for the dosa. Ahem. So I only had a little bit...
17.32h - left work early as my head was threatening to explode. Ritesh, who regularly comes home early (but then works from home, just so you don't get the wrong idea), whipped up a dosa from the dough his mom had given him to take home yesterday. Fabulous. What a treat!
17.58h - Ritesh squeezed some fresh OJ, and Laurence sent a package from France with souvenirs from her trip India, including some incense that Ritesh got very excited about: apparently, many years ago, he spent a whole day traipsing around Mumbai trying to find this particular brand, which he likes very much, all in vain. And then lo and behold, almost a decade later, it arrives in a little package from Paris... I'll have to include it in a picture later...
19.17h - schlepped myself across the street to Pho99 to meet Jing for some pho (this is a Southern Vietnamese shrimp soup, though, not the pho). We'd been missing each other recently, and I didn't want to cancel. I hope i didn't get her sick...
20.19h - probably not the kind of thing you should eat when you're sick, but boy was it good! a delicious coconut cupcake from Suzie and Prashant - thanks, guys!

No comments: