Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tues, April 8, 2008 - Junk Food Day

Ok, so I tried to liven things up a bit and do without the salads and the protein for a day - so here goes:

10.15am - a petit (!) pain au raisins from Breadbar, at work. I shudder to think what the regular size looks like. This is proof that portion size in the US must be about twice that of France.
10.25am - a glazed donut from Viktor Benes bakery, at work. I don't even like donuts, but hey, it's junk food day!
10.27am - one of the signature cherry scones from Viktor Benes bakery, at work. Just in case you're wondering, I did not eat these three things all at once. It took me a few hours to put these away.
2.24pm - the Downtown LA Dog (bacon-wrapped hot dog w/ grilled peppers and home-made chips) from The Stand, outside the CAA building
7.04pm- and this is when I couldn't take anymore and wimped out. This is a reasonably healthy chili w/ chicken and white beans and a whole weat pita, at home, with Ritesh. There is some sour cream in the chili, though, and I tend to think of sour cream as junk food. Kind of.
7.06pm - fresh grilled corn on the cob before Ritesh got his hands on it
7.06pm - fresh grilled corn on the cob after Ritesh was done with it, smothered in chili powder and salt that's rubbed on using a fresh lime
7.18pm - Ritesh's favorite lime juice. It must be seasonal, since it took us about a year to find it again since the last time we had it. Personally, I think it's a little too sweet.

No comments: