Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28, 2008 - one lucky day!

8.22am - blueberry flaxseed smoothie, at home9.15am - cherry fruit and nut bar, at work
12.32pm - the Asian lunch club (i.e. Nadya and I) were planning to converge on Tara's Himalayan Restaurant today, but they turned out to be closed. So instead we got Satsouka's famous Salt Ramen, at Mitsuwa
1.18pm - Giant Japanese ice cream cone, courtesy of Nadya (thanks, Nads!)
1.30pm - Japanese grape gummies, also courtesy of Nadya (danke auch!)
7.23pm - almond horn, at home, shared w/ Ritesh ( a case of dessert before dinner, at least for me - he of course managed to keep his half for later...)
7.34pm - Nadya not only bought me dessert, she also regaled us with this amazing-looking, huge artichoke and all these beautiful lemons from her garden - all organic, freshly picked, and as flavorful as they come - did I mention it was one lucky day? I could barely carry all this stuff home! (citrus fruit is heavy!)
8.55pm - here's Nadya's stunning red artichoke simmering in garlic/olive oil/vinegar/salt water, next to a plain old store-bought artichoke that we put in there for company. There is a third one being steamed in a steamer right next to these guys - but somehow I failed to take a picture ...
9.33pm - and here's dinner - literally, this is the full meal: artichokes, with lemon butter (top left) and my first ever home-made lemon aioli (top right), raw egg and all, which I was very pleased with. And Nads, you could quit your job and get yourself a stand on the farmer's market! your artichoke is so much better than the ones from Whole Foods! Juicier, meatier, and the color is great, it stains your fingers as you eat, which just adds to the experience... Loved it. Did I say it was one lucky day?

No comments: