Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sun, April 27, 2008

7.52am - fuji w/ peanut butter, at home. Another glorious, sunny Southern California morning...8.13am - we've had a bit of a heat wave these past few days, so it occurred to me to mix that hyper-sweet Calamansi lime juice with some iced Oolong tea - not half bad, and certainly refreshing. Took it along to the beach...
9.41am - after working out near the beach - I know these Larabars that I keep eating look just like those nasty processed ones I had the other day, but they're not! I swear! They're actually explicitly raw, unprocessed, non-GMO (as well as gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan and kosher, to top it off). Only ingredients are: dates, cashews, almonds, unsweetened coconut and in this specific one lime juice concentrate (normally I get the chocolate ones, but this key lime one is my new favorite).
9.4am - ok, this is the SAME bar. But since it was so lovely out and everything so lush and green, I just kept taking pictures and then I couldn't decide which one to post.
9.42am - and here's my usual lookout, with a bit of beach and Pacific Ocean - not even 10am yet, but the heat is incredible...
12.15pm - for lunch I couldn't decide (it's been an indecisive day you might say) whether I wanted grilled zucchini/tomato/feta salad or just plain raw, chopped zucchini/tomato/feta salad. So I made both, with some rosemary crostini. Regular raw on the left, grilled on the right. Grilled wins, in spite of the heat, just in case you were wondering...

So Ritesh is finally coming back tonight, after eleven days in Europe. I wonder what food he was missing most in London, Prague and Budapest and will most want to eat... Indian? Vietnamese? Mexican? Whatever it is, it'll be worth an extra post...

No comments: