Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sat, April 26, 2008 - Thanks, Laura!

11am - blueberry-flaxseed smoothie, at home2.49pm - stir-fried kale, fried egg w/ cayenne and black pepper, open-faced radish sandwich on buttered whole grain bread, at home

3.41 - So this is the chocolate pasta! Thanks for your comments, Laura - as you can see, I went with a combination of your suggestions... the strawberries were beginning to go bad, so I cooked them up in a nice, chunky sauce (with some lemon juice, to preserve the color). The nuts were a great idea - I used pistachios just for the color contrast. Then added some dollops of whipped cream just because. So I was very happy with sauce and toppings. The pasta itself, however, is another story... I really wanted to like it, and I really like the idea of it, but truth be told, it is really not that good. Sadly. It's just kind of ... bland. No deep, rich, chocolaty flavor. No sauce in the world can make up for this much blah. Makes me want to try a flourless chocolate cake next, for some of that real, serious, intense chocolate flavor...

Well, and this was it for the day. It's been too hot to eat, really, for one. Plus I fell asleep somewhat early, ahem, and slept right through dinner time, and all I can say in my defense is that it's been a rough week and I haven't been getting much sleep, what with the craziness at work and all the major turn-the-house-upside-down spring cleaning I've been doing at home. I was up to the wee hours every night this week, going through every cabinet, every drawer, every shelf and every single box in every closet and sorting and tossing out and donating and recycling and re-organizing and cleaning and dusting and washing and... you get the picture. Add to that Ritesh being gone and now this heat, all of a sudden - what else is a girl supposed to do on a Saturday night? I'll take some beauty sleep anytime, thank you very much...

No comments: