Monday, December 1, 2008

Mon, Dec 1

8.38am - spelt bread w/ whole seeds from Acme Bakery and some fantastic meyer lemon marmelade, both from the San Francisco Farmers Market at the Embarcadero
3.48pm - an Asian pear from the San Francisco Farmers Market. I wasn't feeling good today and stayed home, and it strikes me how much less I eat when I'm not at work. Hmm.....
5.31pm - Suzanne and Prashant just came back from a vacation in Hawaii, and brought us these lovely chocolate and caramel covered macadamia clusters - thanks, guys!
6.53pm - and when I don't go to work, I actually have time to do some cooking! Went through the pantry in search of something that might need using up, and found some dried porcini mushrooms that we got in Tuscany - in summer 2007! I can't believe we let stuff sit around for so long. So I made a mushroom-anchovy-tomato sauce from a recipe on the porcini package, and used up the orechiette baresi that we got in Rome. Not bad at all. And still lots of dried porcini left...

No comments: