Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tue, July 22

8.15am - the usual - cereal, nuts, seeds, fruit, coconut rice milk, at home.9.50am - coffee berry juice, at work
9.54am - now does this look to you like they're implying there's some kind of relationship between the coffee berry and the coffee bean? Maybe even a hint of a temporal progression from berry to green bean to roasted bean? That's what it looked like to me, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it, so I wikipedia'd it. And lo and behold, there's no relationship at all beyond a vague physical resemblance. Two totally different plants. Just another marketing gimmick.
12.24h - the veggie burrito from Baja Fresh, ordered without cheese and sour cream. Now I don't care much for sour cream, but I think the cheese is crucial in making this thing come together. Just not very satisfying without it. But my acupuncturist will be proud of me...
14.35h - cherries, at work
16.01h - Santa Claus' goji berry bar, at work. I must say, I had a bad night last night - woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. I ended up getting up and doing some writing, but was just beyond tired all day. And when I get this tired, I not only get cranky, I also get a) cold and b) hungry. As in I need a non-stop food supply to keep functioning. Didn't really like this bar, but it sure helped me through the low-biorhythm part of the afternoon.
18.56h - chips and salsa at Monte Alban Oaxacan Restaurant, with Ritesh
19.17h - Ritesh's horchata con nieve
19.18h - my favorite consome de pollo, at Monte Alban. We really don't eat nearly enough Mexican food - will so miss this stuff when we move away from here...
19.18h - Ritesh's pollo asado con arroz y frijoles, at Monte Alban

2 comments:

Suzie said...

I didn't know you were moving. When are you moving?

Petra said...

as soon as possible, really - this move is so long overdue... but it probably won't be before next year and perhaps even the following year. So we're not calling the movers just yet...