Thursday, July 17, 2008

ok. I'm back. I think.

I know, it's been a while. Certainly feels like it. It's been a little hard to get back into the swing of things, you know, take the camera everywhere, remember to snap a piccie before digging in - you'll see. I'm back, but there are still some lacunae, so to speak. Plus it's going to take me a while to catch up on all the pics I did take...

Like this one of the lilies Ritesh got me, in full bloom:


I thought I had so much to say about everything I did (and didn't do) while the blog and I were on hiatus, but now I can't remember any of it. Feeling a little depleted, burnt out on work and in need of a holiday. Taking a break from blogging is one thing, taking a break from work would be quite another. Benefits exponentially increased. But ah well. A few more weeks to go...

So anyway. Here's a somewhat random overview of the last week.... (didn't manage to stay totally away from the camera). I mostly subsided on fish tacos, pistachios and bread and butter (which I didn't bother to photograph) and if Ritesh hadn't taken pity on me and whipped up some tasty Indian food every now and then, it would have been a pretty dire week. With one exception...

You see, in spite of all ambitious plans, I didn't write my traffic ticket letter, didn't even book that summer travel, but at least I made some pesto! That's got to count for something! Pesto is normally Ritesh territory but he just couldn't motivate in spite of all manners of prodding, so I went ahead and did it myself before another pack of basil went to waste, and voila! It turned out great!

Thursday, July 10 - 18.39h: gnocchi w/ homemade pesto, at home, with Ritesh
So the next day Ritesh went to work and cooked up a super healthy Indian veggie feast, kichree (rice and mung beans), eggplant and potatoes, and kachumber (salad), Friday, July 11, 19.56h.
And then the following day, he cooked up that 2h tomato sauce from the baked pasta recipe I made a few weeks ago, and improved on it, of course, by adding some carrots (as Roberto's Italian mamma does) - hence the orange color. And he made some meatballs! Out of spicy Italian chicken sausage! Delicious! Sat, July 12, 18.48h.
oh, and this is just some raw strawberry cheesecake, cheeseless of course, made w/ cashews and coconut. super tasty. At the CoOp, Sunday, July 13, 18.03h.

2 comments:

MONSTER said...

Wow, she's back, yay!

Laura Davis said...

Yay!!! Your back:) Everything looks delicious!
Laura