Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sun, May 11, 2008

11.35am - Fruit smoothie on the beach. No boot camp today, just a leisurely walk, as I've been fighting off a cold. Hence the Vitamin C.
Also, this was supposed to be a farewell visit to the ferris wheel on Santa Monica Pier, a local landmark, as I heard it had been sold to Oklahoma. Alas, it had already been taken down. Note the sadly bereft pier in the background.12.44pm - some raw goji-berry chocolatl, at the end of Santa Monica Pier. I was hoping the sun would come out as it tends to do later in the day, but no such luck.
2.46pm - fresh mango, at home. Spent the rest of the day moping around on the couch reading the NYT.
6.43pm - Ritesh's mom's home made Indian snacks, kind of like a spicy corn bread, at home. Background is the sari I wore yesterday.

That's all I could stomach today, still feeling queasy.

But Simon, this one's for you - look what I found today at my local Co-op:
almost a shelf full! I wonder if anyone here knows where the term crofter comes from...

No comments: