Monday, May 19, 2008

Mon, May 19, 2008

8.16 am - fresh cherries, at home, after bootcamp.
8.25am - smoked turkey and avocado sandwich, at home. This is my humble version of Ritesh's classic, and in no way compares to his...

Our London office is in town, and I had a meeting this morning with a bully from Sales that I positively DREADED. Had my stomach in knots all weekend. Thankfully, though, it ended without escalating into a fistfight and I didn't have to march off to hand in my resignation.

Instead, I marched off to Simpang Asia for one of them avocado-chocolate smoothies (1.28pm):
1.45pm - some Indonesian curry mix served in a banana leaf - had some tempeh, some beef, some chicken, some fried egg, some shrimp chips, everything except for the jackfruit curry that I ordered. But they were so swamped, I didn't want to to complain. Tasty anyway.
3.07pm - chocolate bakhlava from the deli next to Simpang Asia, and some caramel Cadbury (generous gift from the London office) with caramel so runny it dripped all over my keyboard. I should politely request they bring Cadbury Fingers next time, if they have to bring Cadbury. Or better still, some Hobnobs and McVities Digestive biccies!
7.07pm - blueberry scone during Ping's writing workshop at the UnUrban Coffeehouse. Not the most satisfying of dinners but ah well.



2 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Wow Petra you eat the most amazing foods! I try to eat like you but, I don't seem to be getting it right. I love drooling over your exotic foods! Congrats on your promotion!
Laura

Petra said...

Thanks, Laura! Can't wait for YOUR big news - just checked again, but it's another week to go...you're tough, making us wait like this!