Friday, July 24, 2009

Pasta feast at Laura's

Laura is finally back in town, after a long two months in Norway, Bosnia and Greece, so we had a girls night at her place to celebrate her return to our midst with her favorite food: pasta. So here we have a pancetta-pea-mint pasta made by lovely Paola, who's actually Italian, penne marinara made by Jasper's nanny, and I'm not sure who brought the pesto tagliatelle but they were great. Although my favorite was the pancetta-pea-mint...
a close-up with some added grilled asparagus
here's world-traveling little Jasper in his Obama T-shirt...
obviously enjoying his nanny's red pasta more than the others
much rose was had by all
and here's the dessert I picked up at Whole Foods since I came straight from work and had no time to make anything: a lemon-raspberry tart. And yes, after the third glass of wine, I didn't mind the sugar and flour in this one half as much and finished off the whole piece. Ho hum.

No comments: