Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Palos Verdes / Trump National Golf Resort

On the 4th of July, on our way down to San Pedro to see the Pops, we decided to swing by Palos Verdes, which is kind of on the way, for some lunch and a bit of seaside hiking. Here's Ritesh exploring the area at our first stop in Palos Verdes.
And here's the view from our table out on the terrace at the restaurant at Donald Trump's golf resort. That faux-Parisian clock literally has Trump National engraved on it. Can't say I'm a fan of the over-manicured lawns but I was thinking of Laura's daughter Claudia, a golf champ at the tender age of 13, and decided I should probably give it a try sometime.
just because it was 4th of July...
my lunch plate - pan-roasted halibut with a warm tomato vinaigrette on a bed of greens, roasted white asparagus, fried artichoke hearts and basil-mashed potatoes. Very yummy. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of Ritesh's tempura-battered fish & chips, which was also very tasty.
and because it was such a special day, I splurged and shared a cappuccino with Ritesh - am not supposed to have caffeine, milk, nor sugar, but honestly, my diet is so good right now, this was ok. The idea is to stick with the endo-diet about 80% of the time, and I'm pretty much at 95%, so I'm not worried. However, again, as with the one other time I had sugar in the last six weeks, it really didn't feel all that great. Don't think I'll do this again, just as I don't think I'll have another bacon doughnut...
the cliff hike behind the golf course - this is more my kind of nature, I like things a bit overgrown
view south from the cliff
view north from the cliff
Ritesh exploring the rocks on the beach
and finally, the view from the Wayfarer's Chapel up the street - love that place

No comments: