Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More breakfast smoothies...

Grapefruit-kiwi-avocado smoothie
Brazilian guanabana-coconut smoothie
crappy picture, sorry, but this was a lovely strawberry-mango smoothie
Sunday morning special: a luscious, rich cherry-marzipan smoothie, with almond butter and almond extract
and this morning's flag-cake smoothie!
I've been having my raw flag cake for breakfast these last couple of days and have been feeling just as energized afterwards as when I have my morning smoothie. Since the ingredients are basically the same (nuts, fruit, and some protein), I decided to test it and tossed the last piece of flag cake into the blender. And guess what - the nut-and-date base, the banana-chocolate custard, the strawberries and blueberries and the tofu whipped cream, helped by just a bit of hemp milk for consistency, turned into this delicious, fabulous smoothie! Needless to say, I was chuffed.

No comments: