Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hugo's Restaurant

Friday night, we trekked to Hugo's Restaurant in West Hollywood for some healthy grub. Below is their fabulous Cuban sandwich (grilled organic chicken breast, goat cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and a honey-chipotle sauce) which Ritesh and I shared and loved. Unfortunately, we were in a bit of a rush as we were on our way to see BrĂ¼no on opening night, so I didn't pause to take a proper photograph (hence the non-descript backside of the sandwich) and I flat out forgot to take a picture of the ginseng-chicken soup we got along with it. It was all good though. The only thing we didn't like were the beets - they were supposed to be roasted but looked and tasted boiled and totally bland.
With all the rush on Friday night, I forgot my keys at the restaurant and had to trek back to West Hollywood to pick them up today. And since I'd come all that way, I decided to make a meal out of it. So here is Hugo's absolutely fantastic 'Hippie Hemp Salad', a completely raw mix of chopped leafy greens, celery, mango and sprouted mung beans, with dried cherries and hemp, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, all in a hemp dressing. Wow. Will have to try to reproduce this at home. Loved it
a nice and refreshing agave-sweetened watermelon lemonade, perfect on a day as hot as today
and dessert to go - the yogi smoothie, consisting of mango, apple, ginger, toasted almonds, yogi chai and soy milk (big no no that one, can't believe they still serve that stuff, but never mind, I figured once isn't going to kill me). And it tasted great! Another thing to reproduce at home... So look out for some chai smoothie coming up! (soy-free of course!)

No comments: