Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our godson comes to dinner!

Little Mr. Sweet Cheeks paid us a visit on Sunday night and brought his mom and the rest of the family along. Here he is with his favorite person in the world...
... and here he is again with mom, and with his big bro M, all entranced by a DVD of Pixar shortslittle M totally absorbed...
so focused in fact you could twirl his hair all over the place and he wouldn't even flinch
until it was dinner time - and then the mission became to stop Daddy from eating his soup!
Ritesh made a fabulous Indian dinner, but I was too busy cooing over the kids to take any pictures. (I'm hoping to pinch some of Nady's :). The only pictures I do have are of dessert - a raw peach cobbler, made with fresh peaches, agave nectar and vanilla, and covered with a salty-sweet mix of ground pistachios and dates. This is the first thing I made from a recipe from Ani Phyo's dessert book which I just bought this week, and it turned out really well. Nady seems to have liked it, too, which made me super happy. People still assume that I'm depriving myself by not eating sugar, dairy, soy, regular cake etc or that this endo diet is boring, but tasting this natural goodness is really quite an experience. Rich and satisfying and not at all a sacrifice.
a close-up of my dessert plate: raw peach cobbler, some fresh mango, and some saffron-rose ice cream that I sampled just a bite of. I'll so figure out how to make a raw, sugar and dairy free version of that, you just wait :)
little M having his first coconut water, fresh from the coconut, served by Unkies who's visiting from Germany and who was the guest of honor tonight. I hope Nady has some pictures of him, as well as of sweet cheeks having his first mango!And everyone taking a break and relaxing after dinner. What a lovely time - thanks for coming over, guys!

No comments: