Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tues, Nov 25 - Lucifer's!

8.34am - Ezekiel cereal w/ hemp milk and fresh raspberry sauce, at home1.11pm - the head of the London office is in town and graciously took those of us who work on his accounts out to lunch. At Rock Sugar, with Lawrence, Rachel, Ryan, Frank and Cecy
1.22pm - Frank's Asian pear martini, with real fresh Asian pear juice - great!
1.22pm - Cecy's mojito (with cilantro!) and my sadly non-alcoholic but tasty pineapple tamarindo
1.24pm - the vietnamese crepe, filled w/ chicken and shrimp, shared family style as all the rest of the entrees
1.27pm - the green mango and papaya salad (with spicy green beans!)
1.28pm - very good bok choy, and amazing asparagus in black bean sauce
1.39pm - Vietnamese style halibut in a coconut tamarind curry soup with noodles
1.44pm - the pork vindaloo
2.19pm - the coconut doughnuts w/ passion fruit sauce that I'd been wanting to try forever. We ordered a whole bunch of desserts, but this was the only one I tried...
2.19pm - Lawrence's trio of ice creams - vietnamese coffee, calamansi and Thai basil
7.06pm - Lawrence, who is surely the nicest guy in the London office, brought each of us an oversize canister of the most fabulous English cookies: Fortnum & Mason's Lucifer's ginger and chilli buiscuits! Couldn't help myself from pointing out how much more fabulous these are than the old bar of Cadbury we normally get - and had to break the canister open pretty much as soon as I walked in the door at home and could share one with Ritesh...
7.46pm - leftover tuna spaghetti, at home
8.23pm - an apple, a pear, and some Lucifer's, at home

4 comments:

sometimesq said...

mmm yum! all your meals look so delicious! i wish i could eat like that everyday! what a joy to come across this :)

Laura Davis said...

Hello my friend,
I am enjoying your blog more than ever these days. Thank you for the lovely inspiration to eat healthy, beautiful & yummy foods!
I am very curious to what measures you are taking for your medical problems you are dealing with at the moment. I was recently in the hospital with a ruptured cyst. No fun! I really wish they would go away, they are so painful. I am open to about anything at this point.
Thanks Petra.
If it is easier you can find my email on my blog.

I wish you and your family a Happy Turkey Day!
Hugs,
Laura

Petra said...

Hi Laura, so sorry to hear you had to go to hospital! I had my follow up appt. today and since the cyst has shrunk only minimally it looks like I'll have to go forward w/ the surgery. So in my experience, acupuncture or Chinese herbs don't really shrink cysts (at least not within a couple of months), but I can say with some degree of certainty that acupuncture helps w/ the pain. Have you tried acupuncture before? Also, nutrition does play a role in several ways, mainly influencing hormone balance and pain pathways. I can recommend some books if you're interested - just let me know! I hope you're feeling ok right now and can enjoy Thanksgiving with your family! All best,
Petra

Laura Davis said...

Thank you Petra, I would love to read some of your recommendations.
Here is my email: laura.elise.davis@gmail.com
You can email anytime.
I am so sorry that you have to have surgery. Believe me you do not want the cyst to rupture. I would rather endure child birth, thats how painful it was!

I have never tried acupuncture, I will look into it.
I am feeling better but they did discover 3 more while I was in the hospital. Ugh.

Thanks again Petra, Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels:)
Hugs,
Laura