Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tues, Sept 2 - back in LA, back at work

8.01am - bread w/ organic chocolate-hazelnut-coconut spread, strawberries and some leftover kumquats from Nady's garden that survived dandily in the fridge!
8.07am - close-up of the Rapunzel chocolate-hazelnut-coconut spread, kind of like an organic, fair-trade version of Nutella, made with cane sugar and 42% hazelnuts. Love this stuff.
10.36am - a strawberry soy milk, at work. With the cute new shoes I got in Germany. I am not much of a shopper, so this is a big deal.
1.03pm - a passion-fruit almond nut bar, at work
1.39pm - another thing I'd miss in Europe - good Mexican food! This is just three messy fish tacos (there's grilled Mahi Mahi under all the avocado) from Baja Fresh, but even that would be hard to come by in Germany.
2.09pm - an iced blended vanilla latte from Kelly's on the way back to work. It's 11pm German time for me, and I'm beginning to wilt.
5.22pm - a certain Daisy in Finance is leaving us to go on a three-months backpacking trip through Europe, and Cecy was kind of enough to grab me a piece of her farewell cake. She must have been tired of hearing me complain about how I didn't have enough cake in Germany :) This is chocolate w/ chocolate mousse and a layer of the snickers nut-caramel mix. Gracias, Cecy!
7.35pm - Ritesh outdid himself tonight: giant scallops with champagne grapes, almonds and parsley. This qualifies hands down as one of the ten best meals of the year. Amazing. You rule, babe!

No comments: