Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wed, June 4 - Thai green curry

8.24am - alright, mangos are in season and we have a lot of them. So, breakfast today was not 1, not 2, but 3 fresh mangos w/ fresh raspberries and toasted almonds. As an aside, I refuse to spell mangos with an "e", although my spell checker wants me to. We're not talking about potatoes here. In my humble opinion, adding an "e" for the plural would be like adding an "e" to avocados, tacos or burritos. Just too painful to consider. 11.02am - pistachios, at work.
13.43h - in the interest of comparative research, I trekked to Tuk Tuk Thai on Pico to taste their green curry. This is the egg roll appetizer that comes with their green curry lunch special.
13.48h - and this is what they call a green curry. I actually called the waitress back to ask if she was sure that this was the green curry, since it looked kind of, ahem, yellow to me. But she confirmed it was the green (the yellow has carrots and potatoes in it). So this one had bamboo shoots, which was nice, but the tofu was over-fried and soggy, and overall the curry was too sweet and just not very fresh. (Not to blow my own horn, but you know...). The brown rice was very nice, though.
19.05h - leftover home made Thai green curry and Cambodian amok, at home, with Ritesh.
20.37h - home made waffles, home-whipped cream, home-made ganache and fresh raspberries, at home, with Ritesh.

No comments: