Saturday, June 14, 2008

Nady Bread!

I'd like to start baking our own bread and have been pondering whether it's worth it for us to buy a bread machine. To help me decide, Nadya kindly volunteered one of her recipes for a bread that you can just bake in the oven. The recipe is her very own creation and has lots of good stuff like flax seed meal and oat bran in it, and I couldn't wait to try it out. So here it is:

Thurs, June 12 - 22.25pm - my first loaf of the DELICIOUS Nady Bread, fresh from the oven (I did demolish the first slice before I took a picture...). Thanks, Nady! This is the first of many... 22.26h - a little late to be pigging out like this, but it was just too good... With all the good fiber in it, Nady says you can pretty much feel it suck the cholesterol right out of your arteries. Well, I'm sure one could, if one weren't covering it with slabs of butter :) . At home, with Ritesh.

2 comments:

MONSTER said...

Wow, you did a great job, looks delicious!

Never thought of using it for French toast, or...for that matter, PB and J with fried egg!

Petra said...

yeah, the PB&J-fried-egg combo is one of those things that just don't come to mind all that easily... but the French toast would be great with raisins in the bread! Did you make some this weekend?