Saturday, May 30, 2009

Surprise Package from NY!

Look what I got in the mail this week! A surprise get-well package from one of my oldest friends (who's soon to be a tenured professor - yay for Rogie!)! I had no idea it was from him until I opened it, because it was sent from Colorado. He must have ordered it online. But how did he manage to include that hand-written note? Hmm.... mystery. I did call him to thank him, but forgot to ask. He's coming to visit in August so note to self, ask Rogie how he pulled that off!
And here's what was inside - it was a true care package if ever I've seen one: chocolate covered pretzels, Mighty Leaf tea, Southwest flavored orzo, basil pesto and a lime syrup that you can do a million things with. Very, very nice selection, and really made my day, thanks so much, Rogie! Ritesh and I got started on the chocolate covered pretzels right away - they were brown-rice syrup sweetened and not only certified organic, but Vermont certified organic! That must mean something, and we were very impressed. And boy were they tasty! A real treat...

No comments: