Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cranky

It's been one endless miserable week. One thing I've tried these last couple of days to help heal my bronchitis is taking gentle strolls on the beach. I figured the salty, humid air could only do good things for those poor, inflamed bronchioli. I can't really say that it caused noticeable improvement but it was nice to get out of the house for something other than work. (Yes, I went into work most days. And I am not resenting having had to go in at all. No siree. Staying home is for pussies. And I just got promoted again and am expected to show my dedication. So there.)

This is looking south on Santa Monica beach, towards Venice:
And this is looking north, towards the Santa Monica pier and Malibu:

It's been a week and a half time and I'm very ready for this to be over. The surgery was indeed postponed to next week, although I'm still not sure that I'll be ok then. Apparently, you not only have to be able to breathe during surgery, but also to abstain from coughing afterwards, what with all the abdominal incisions that need to heal. So we'll see - will talk to the doctor on Monday.

No comments: