Sunday, January 11, 2009

Petra has blog withdrawal

TOP TEN CUISINES OF 2008 (by number of meals consumed):

1. Indian (94)
2. Mexican (35)
3. Japanese (28)
4. Italian (26)
5. Vietnamese (23)
6. Korean (19)
7. Mrs. Winston's (18)
8. Thai (17)
9. French (12)
10. German (11)

Runners up were Chinese (9), Brazilian (8), Moroccan and Middle Eastern (7 each), Cambodian and Cuban (4 each).

Overall: 1 year, 375 posts, 5300+ visits.

And 2200+ miles traveled on our last road trip:


View Larger Map


PS: Ritesh has blog withdrawal, too. Last night I found him moping on the courch, wistfully scrolling around the last entries. I miss the blog, he said, and, almost pouting, I don't even know what you had for dinner at Laura's. I proceeded with an exact description of the mushroom risotto Kathleen made (her mom is Italian, and she really has it in her genes), and of the spinach salad w/ goat cheese, fresh raspberries and toasted almonds that I whipped up. But honestly, it wasn't quite the same. And I agree. Even while at Laura's, I couldn't help but ponder how lovely the salad especially would have looked on the blog, while kicking myself for not bringing the camera.

Alright, alright, time to let go now...it'll all be ok. Right?

4 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh I miss the blog too! I love looking at all your fab pics!
Hugs
Laura

The Speaking Goat said...

Dear Petra and Ritesh

It's arrived!

S'Truth that was a surprise and so, so generous and kind. Thank you.

We ripped open the packaging and the stuffing spewed out all over so it was quickly despatched to the fire - was there a return address?

It's a fantastic gift and many many thanks. Way too cheeky of me really - but so EXCITING!

Good luck in your future ventures.

Simon

Cecy Falls said...

I'm sad and just crying in my cube. Petra, please give me more. This blog is like a daily shot of energy for me. This is why I come to work on a daily basis. Why, oh why?!

Petra said...

aww, thanks, guys... I'm so tempted to continue :)
Laura - was so thinking of you when we were in Colorado! I don't know whereabouts you live, but from what I've seen it's a stunningly beautiful state
Cecy - we'll have lunch on Friday!
Simon - glad you got it and yes, there was, but you're not planning to send us any haggis, are you :) ?