Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sun, May 18, 2008

People sometimes ask me if taking pictures of the food I eat every day has changed what I eat, or the way I eat. And the answer is - you bet it has. For one, I think more before I eat, plan better, and pay more attention. Two, I eat less processed food. And three, I eat outside more. Still not enough, but I'm trying. Which means that when I go for a hike, rather than having a snack at home before heading out, I'll take it with me. As I did today...

9.02am - veggie juice while hiking in the Santa Monica mountains. It was just brimming with heat - this time it seems summer has come to stay.
9.27am - "old world muesli roll" from Whole Foods, under the Eucalyptus trees in Will Rogers State Park.
12.24pm - granola scone from Whole Foods, home made iced oolong tea, at home. There was an article on Ireland in the NYT travel section today. Made me all melancholy, since I was supposed to go to Ireland this week to visit with my godson. I miss the little fella...
2.42pm - Middle-Eastern chicken kebab from the Santa Monica Glatt Kosher Market, at home, with Ritesh.
3.41pm - fresh strawberries w/ vanilla flavored sugar, milk, creme fraiche and a balsamico reduction, at home.
5.17pm - the year's first fresh cherries, at home.
7.48pm - Ritesh cooked up a storm: Indian eggplant and potatoes, kichri (rice and mung beans), kachumber (salad), at home.

3 comments:

The Speaking Goat said...

I'm sure your blog has changed your approach to food, and I'm sure it's helped you to appreciate how lucky you are. In a similar way my blog helps me to appreciate what we're doing and it imposes a sort of consciousness. It's a good thing.

EverythingIate2008 continues to fascinate me - well done and keep it up!

Laura Davis said...

I agree Petra!!!! great job:) Yay it's almost cherry season... my best!!!

Petra said...

thanks, guys!
Imposes a sort of consciousness - I like that. That's totally what it does. And then having other people share that is the icing on the cake...