Friday, November 7, 2008

Fri, Nov 7

8.35am - It's Nov 7 - time to put up the Christmas tree! Retailers in despair at the mall across the street, on a hot November morning.12.19pm - It's been so insanely busy at work, I didn't even have breakfast. So when I was running errands during lunch I was so hungry, my autopilot led me around the corner to you-know-where...
12.22pm - the signature black sesame rice crisps with spicy tomato chutney, at Rock Sugar
12.38pm - the Japanese eggplant w/ a sweet glaze, and spicy sambal on top. Loved it. But by this time, I was feeling terrible about not asking my fellow Rock Sugar fan Cecy to come along. Should have planned this better - more fun to have company!
12.48pm - the mildly underwhelming Singapore omelette, with shitake mushrooms, bean sprouts and a sweet soy dipping sauce. Not bad, but I like things a little more flavorful, i.e. spicy.
1.09pm - pomegranate lemonade and my favorite bamboo (beats a fake christmas tree any day), outside work
7.26pm - a CBS billboard over a Winchell's donut store, on the walk home after work. Boy it gets dark early now that daylight saving time is over...
8.08pm - Ritesh made his own chapatis tonight! (Granted, his mom had made the dough, but he's a stud at rolling it out and cooking it to perfection!)
8.36pm - Ritesh's fabulous Indian-style orange cauliflower and yams, with kachumber and chapatis. I am so totally getting used to him cooking dinner all the time - this is great! Thanks, love!

No comments: