Thursday, April 16, 2009

Presidential Soft Drinks

Another unposted post from the week of the pop's heart attack:

I have it from an authoritative source (Time Magazine, no less) that in his first week in office, Obama had the White House refrigerators stocked with bottles of Honest Tea in his two favorite flavors: Black Forest Berry and Green Dragon. I'm no friend of bottled drinks, what with all that assciated trash, but I'm as susceptible to some decent product placement as the next person, so I hurried out and tried to get me some of that tea, rationalizing that at least it comes in glass bottles, not plastic, all the way to Whole Foods.

However, wouldn't you know it, I can't have been the only one to have read that Time article because from all the shelves of Honest Teas I inspected, these two flavors were suspiciously missing. A gaping void above the product tag - sold out. I tried several Whole Foods in my area, as well as Gelson's and Pavilion's, but lo and behold, it took about a week and a half before I finally got my hands on some. Ta da!
But between you and me, they're really just ok. There's nothing much to write home about except maybe the fact that we have a president who turns to organic and raw cane-sugar sweetened green tea rather than Coke when he hits a sugar low during the day...

No comments: