Friday, April 3, 2009

At work in London

While in London, I got to visit our local office and spend some time with my lovely coworkers - some of whom I hadn't even met although we email every day. It was a real treat - everyone was wonderful and gracious, they all chipped in to take me out to a great lunch at the Med Kitchen (thanks, guys!!), and I got a tour of the gorgeous, spacious new offices, which are little short of mindblowing. Located in the West End right between Leicester Square and Covent Garden, and a few flights of stairs up, they have the most stunning views, too.

I've been hesitant to post these pictures because they were taken with my iPhone and just don't look that great, but what the hell, they're enough to give an impression...This is the view from the conference room...
...and here's a close up - check out the London Eye, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Nelson's Column...
They even have a nice aquarium in the office!
I wish I'd taken more pictures, even crappy iPhone ones... The only other one I can show you is of Camisa's on Old Compton Street (near Wardour), which is just a skip and a jump away from the office, and one of my old-time favorites. When I was an undergraduate, we would end up here on every single trip to London, the main reason being their anchovy-filled olives. They are out of this world. Seriously. If you're ever in London, check them out.

No comments: