Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mumbai

Oh my. I guess we are really off to Mumbai tomorrow after all. With everything that's been going on, I didn't believe we would, and I am scandalously underprepared. How did this happen? Where did my time go? I'm trying to reconstruct last weekend, which is when I should have been doing laundry and packing and shopping and getting everything ready, and all I can come up with is 7 hours in the car driving back and forth between Los Angeles, Anaheim, the mom's house and the hospital, and 8 hours in the ICU with the pops, which is crazy, in a way. Why can't I whiz in and out in 20 minutes like other people do? I've been so stressed and sleep-deprived that I ended up with a meltdown-inducing triple whammy of three different infections, heart palpitations so bad they woke me up at night (thus contributing to the sleep deprivation), and horrible cramps aggravated by not making time for pain-management (acupuncture, nutrition etc.). And to round things off, work is relentless as always, so I'm dangling from a tight rope here as is. And now a 28 hour flight to Mumbai (well, including a 5 hour layover in London)? And then all kinds of activities with Ritesh's boss and mentors and fellow researchers, the sort of people in whose company you kind of have to behave, and be somewhat presentable, not a frazzled, exhausted mess?

Well, what am I complaining about. The pops is incrementally getting better every day, that's the most important thing. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy Mumbai, once we've caught up on some sleep...

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Just curious, what do you mean by, "Why can't I whiz in and out in 20 minutes like other people do?" Everyone, myself included, has spent much time with Dad, on a daily basis.