Sunday, February 22, 2009

B-Day kindness

It was my birthday on Monday, and people have been inordinately kind to me all week. First, I got flowers from my love, who also took me out for a lovely dinner at Sasaya - thanks, babe!
Then there was a birthday lunch with the nice guys from work - Cecy, Caroline, Kimberly, Frank and Beatrice, and at Cafe Brasil, no less. Thanks everyone for coming out and putting up with me in my in my worn-out stupor, and thanks, Cecy, for getting us all organized and out the door!
And thanks, Kimberly, for the special dessert! This is Cafe Brazil's apple tart, kind of like a Brazilian version of what a tarte tatin should look like, and with real whipped cream - a real treat!
Then there were some heartwarming voice mails from Laurence and Jacob, singing French b-day songs, and from my goddaughter and her family in Germany, singing Happy Birthday, AND a lovely little package from my goddaughter including letters and drawings and all kinds of little goodies....
And to top it off, a nurturing and soul-comforting girls' night at Laura's on Saturday, with Katherine and Susan (Kathleen was home sick), with chocolate cake and lovely kids who really lifted my weary spirit - thanks so much, everyone! I feel really blessed to have you all in my life.

3 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Happy Birthday Petra!!!
Laura

The Speaking Goat said...

Belated birthday wishes. I know I'm not commenting much but I do look in every now and then - and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Simon

Petra said...

thank you, I really appreciate it.