Thursday, September 24, 2009

Banana Cream Pie

So Ritesh's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and I had promised I would try my hand at a banana cream pie, his favorite, so here is my first ever effort:
There are so many egg yolks in the custard that I made a meringue top out of the leftover egg whites. So no whipped cream here, but it was pretty tasty.
A few days later, I made a second one, this one vegan and soy based:
The custard is made from tofu and the bananas are actually mixed in, rather then layered under the custard. And the topping is a whipped soy product I found at Whole Foods that actually comes imported from Germany and tastes pretty darn good as well.I haven't been able to extract from Ritesh which one of the two pies he liked better, so may have to make both again next year :)

No comments: