Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ani's Raw Food Desserts

Ever since that fabulous raw peach-pistachio cobbler that I made four times in a row, I couldn't wait to try more of the recipes in Ani Phyo's raw dessert cookbook - here are some of my efforts. They all turned out fantastic and I'm a devoted fan now, to the extent that my official goal is to try every single one of the 85 recipes in her book.

First off, here are the lavender chocolate bars from p.85 - made with unprocessed coconut oil and almond butter, dried lavender, organic cocoa powder, agave nectar and sliced, raw almonds - my first ever homemade chocolate, and it rocked!
the is my first ever homemade raw and dairy-free/vegan cheesecake, made from ground cashews, lemon juice, cococonut oil and agave nectar, with some raw cocoa nibs and a raw chocolate sauce mixed in the top layer. If you have Ani's book, this is the chocolate chip cheezecake swirl from p. 51
the chai-spiced blueberry cobbler from p. 93this is the raspberry ganache fudge cake from p. 49 that I made for Ritesh's birthday, with walnuts, dates, organic cocoa, agave, and a frosting that consists of avocado, dates, cocoa and agave - super rich and decadent in its deliciousness and yet totally dairy and cholesterol free and actually all good for you
and this is the acai cheezecake from p. 54, again made from cashews, lemon juice, coconut agave, with a packet of frozen acai blended in. The crust is any form of nut mixed with dates - this one is salted pecans, almonds, walnuts and some shredded coconut. I cut these into bitesize pieces since they're pretty rich. Plus they keep best in the freezer, so it's easiest to take out just however many little pieces you can handle.

2 comments:

Deb Schiff said...

Gorgeous! I made the pineapple icebox dessert, and it was a HUGE hit. http://alteredplates.blogspot.com/2009/06/book-review-anis-raw-food-desserts.html

Petra said...

Yes, that's in the book, too, and I've been wanting to try it! I have yet to find an Ani Phyo recipe that disappoints...