Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More Avocado Smoothies

Sorry I've been incommunicado for a little while. It's been a trying, tumultuous, traumatic, toll-taking and turmoil-y few weeks is all I can say. Maybe, hopefully, some day I'll be in a position to talk about this time and its vertiginous array of life-changing options with the wisdom of retrospection and some lightheartedness, but today is not that day, and since I feel like talking anyway, I'll talk about smoothies instead. You know, the kind with avocado and protein and a bunch of other goodies that I'm continuing to whip up every morning.

Here's a whole Osterizer's worth of my avocado-honeydew-kiwi-lemon-hemp protein-maca-and coconut water smoothie that I made for breakfast when Ro and Anisa were in town and staying with us last week
strawberry-cantaloupe-OJ smoothie with some berry-flavored protein powder and a red superfood mix (goji, pomegranate etc.)
chocolate-avocado-smoothie! With dates and hemp milk. Very tasty but too rich for breakfast. More like a dessert.
apple-cinnamon smoothie w/ avocado, honeydew, a fuji apple, coconut water, some apple-cinnamon flavored protein-superfood powder and some almonds. Great one this one, made it several times.
the crowning smoothie glory of the week: tulsi-marzipan smoothie, made with tulsi juice extracted from Ritesh's mom's tulsi leaves (tulsi is an Indian sweet kind of basil that makes a great tea, too) , avocado, banana, almonds, some agave nectar and the ultimate secret ingredient: almond extract! Amazing!
and this morning's strawberry-pineapple-banana-protein powder-coconut milk smoothie. I don't use avocado when I'm making a red smoothie because red and green just ends up looking brown. Can't have brown mush for breakfast unless it involves chocolate...

No comments: